Nowadays, colored diamond engagement rings are as popular as colorless ones. Also, they have a great variety of choices because color can vary widely within a specific GIA color grade. This significantly affects their price because people make their purchasing decisions based on the visual beauty of jewelry. Some colored diamond engagement rings are costlier than others because they have higher demand. In this article, we will discuss in detail canary diamond engagement rings.
What Are Canary Diamonds?
Canary diamonds are a type of sought-after valuable yellow diamond. This is because they have a deep, intense yellow shade like that of canary birds instead of the light or dull yellow hue which is considered a negative quality for diamonds.
Compared to normal yellow diamonds, canary diamonds have a higher price tag and resale value because they are beautiful and rare. A canary diamond engagement ring is costly because of its high demand among couples.
What Is The Reason For The Color Of Yellow Diamonds?
The color of yellow diamonds is due to the presence of nitrogen in their crystal lattice. Nitrogen absorbs blue light, and this gives the diamond a yellow color. The color of a yellow diamond can vary from light to dark depending on the amount of nitrogen present in it.
Listed below is the GIA color grading for yellow diamonds:
- Very light
- Fancy light
- Fancy Intense
- Fancy Vivid, Fancy Dark, or Fancy Deep
A fancy vivid yellow diamond is fully saturated with yellow, and it has no traces of whiteness.
What Are The Factors That Influence The Price Of Yellow Diamond Engagement Rings?
- “Very Light” or “Fancy” yellow diamonds are cheaper than Fancy Vivid or Fancy Intense diamonds.
- Pure, yellow-colored diamonds like Canary diamonds and those with green or orange overtone are the highest priced yellow diamonds. On the contrary, most brownish yellow diamonds are cheaper.
- The cut and clarity have a significant influence on the price of yellow diamonds.
- Yellow diamonds with high carat weight are relatively pricier than smaller diamonds because they are much rarer.
How To Choose Setting For Yellow Diamond Engagement Rings?
When purchasing a yellow diamond engagement ring, give special attention to the color of the metal used in the ring setting. This is because they allow you to use complementary or contrasting colors. For example, white gold or platinum helps to create stunning contrast for a canary diamond engagement ring.
We hope that the details shared above will help with your purchase of canary diamond engagement rings.